Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Movie Night

Last night Chase had his buddy Ethan over because they had no school today. I took them to the movie store to pick out a couple movies to watch. At first they tried to talk me into Snakes On A Plane. Chase just wanted to get it, he did not want me to look at the cover. I did and it was rated R so I said no. Not that he hasn't seen worse, but we had a friend with us. I did find out later from Marc that Chase has already seen this movie. Of course. So, the two movies they chose were Ocean's 13 and The Fog. The whole point of this is not what we chose though. So we were waiting in line, there was a girl in front of us paying for her movies. Her boyfriend was joking with the kids and asked them if they wanted to watch Bambi tonight. They of course, said, "No. We have some other movies." The guy said, "My girlfriend is making me watch Bambi tonight." I have to say, I hate that movie. I don't think I was even allowed to watch it when I was younger because it was to upsetting for me. So I said, "Bambi, that's a really sad movie. " The guy shook his head yes. At that moment the girl turned around and said, "I am making him watch it because he is going hunting this weekend." Snap.

4 comments:

Brother Chris said...

Thank God the story turned out the way it did. Halfway through I was guessing we were going to learn that the girlfriend's name was Bambi (go back and re-read it if you must). That would have been worse than Snakes on a Plane.

Brother Chris said...

BTW, if you run into Bambi at the movie store again tell her good job on the movie lesson, hopefully Jethro changed his mind about the hunting trip and went for a Nature Walk or something instead.

Meredith said...

That was a wonderful story. You were not allowed to watch that movie--for goodness' sake, you cried at Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer. I have never watched it either.

Meredith said...

Last night he tried to talk me into Jaws. I was having none of it. But, boy, is he persuasive.