Friday, July 31, 2009

The Frog Whisperererer





Another summer. Another frog. Little boys love frogs.
I don't think that changes. I love that about little boys. It's kind of comforting to see when you're watching your sweet baby boy get older. It's like watching a plant grow right before your eyes. He likes girls and has a tendency to talk trash, he tells me he's going through puberty, yes, tells me, he can moody, he won't get his hair cut, he has two pierced ears and will talk back at times. On the other hand he now likes to watch the same movies as me, will make himself breakfast and can have long discussions about past lives.
I love my children this age but there is something so hard about seeing time pass right before your eyes.
I am a huge proponent of change. I love change. Changing rooms around, a change of scenery, changing my outfit, changing gears, changing my tune and changing my toothbrush.
I just sometimes find it hard to see my sweet little angel changing into a adolescent.
I do have a constant though. A variable that has not changed. A couple really. He still will scream, "Mom! Mom!" from far away. When I yell back, "WHAT?" He'll say, "I LOVE YOU."
That and frogs like him.
He is the frog prince.
And mine too.

some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. delicious ambiguity...
-gilda radner

3 comments:

Meredith said...

What a sweetie, that little Frog Prince. Have you tried putting a brick on his head?

Love, Kathy said...

Love Frog Princes.

Love the Gilda Radner quote.

Love the photo of you and Mark.

Sue Jacquette said...

I love this post. It's one of my all time favorites.