So yesterday I'm talking to a friend who says, "What are you doing tomorrow?
Without a thought in my head I say, "Well a bunch of stuff but in the afternoon Ashley is going to come over and we are going to lie out."
They started laughing.
I'm all, "What? What's so funny?"
"That just sounds so 70's"
Really? Does it?
It started me thinking about the 70's. I was born in 1969 so I "grew up" in the 70's. Back in the day of no cell phones, no laptops, or computers period, no IPods, no txt messages, IM's, Facebook. Back when we left in the morning during Summer and no one heard from us until night. I walked to the bus by myself. I never looked at my parents for something to do. I didn't txt my Dad from the bus and tell him my brother was getting on my nerves. (Which by the way, Saige did. My Dad would not have liked that one little bit in the middle of his work day). It does seem like a whole other universe.
These are some of the great things that DID come out of the 70's. The "befores" of all our stuff now.
1. Cassette Tapes- remember these. I used to set them up by my clock radio to record music. I never needed and Itunes gift cards for that.
2. The good old sun tan lotion that turned your skin orange.
3. Helen Reddy- "I AM Woman!"
4. Hawii Five -0.
5. Good old platform shoes.
6. Farrah Fawcett in her pretty red suit, Let us not forget the "car phone" with the curly cord that the angels had.
7. Mash- Who didn't love Hawk Eye and Radar. It was like the 70's version of Seinfeld.
8. "Sit on it" My brother was Fonzie one year for Halloween and he rode his yellow banana bike to school.
9. "Go Ask Alice." when she's just this small.... The movie, the book, the song.
10. Judy Blume and "Are You There God It's Me Margaret."
Okay, I could go on and on but I gotta go get those kids up. I loved the 70's with it's Tiger Beat and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Outsiders, Marcus Welby and guess what? The first Earth Day was in the April 22 1970.
Our "Laying Out" Playlist...
Morning Has Broken
Hot Child In the City
You're So Vain
Never Rains In Southern California
Blinded By the Light
Seasons In the Sun
Sister Golden Hair
Smokin' In the Boys Room
My Eyes Adored You
Spill That Wine
We Are Family
The Cover of the "Rolling Stone"
Have You Never Been Mellow
Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough
Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me
Dancing In the Moonlight
Looks Like We Made It
Just A Song Before I Go...