Thursday, October 15, 2009

10 Reasons Why I Love You

Saige made me a present. She brought it in to me tonight. She cut out and colored 11 cards and drew hearts all over them.
10 Reasons Why I Love You
1. She loves me more than anything
2. She is so supportive
3. She always cares about my needs at ANYTIME
4. She loves to encourage me for ANYTHING
5. She loves to listen to what I have to say. ALWAYS
6. She's willing to drive me to my academic activities. She will always make it work.
7. She always braids my hair after a shower.
8. She always tries to help me with my homework.
9. She will eat the dinners that I make.
10. You are the best mom ever! I love you and theres 100000 more reasons why I love you but these are just ten.

Be still my heart.
I couldn't ask for anything more.
When my kids were really little they used to go to the gym with me everyday. At that time they loved the Barenaked Ladies song, "If I Had A Million Dollars." We listened to it all the time in the mornings on our way in. The last line of the song says, "If I had a million dollars... I'd be rich!" Without fail, one or both of them would say, "Are we rich Mom?" My response was the exact same thing every time, "We are rich because people love us."
Tonight I felt like the richest person in the world.

When I told her this was a blog post. She said, "Make sure you say that when I said, 'she always tries to help me with my homework, the underline was on tries."
Rich and stupid. Oh well, things could be worse.

Now, You Know, drop and give me ten. Oh, I'm sorry! Is this not my class? My bad.

8 comments:

Sue Jacquette said...

I love that. She's an amazing kid. For realz!

Kathy said...

Too Sweet. (Can't wait to make her cry with fright at the Haunted House :)

Meredith said...

Well, you are very lovable. Put those cards in a special place and never lose them. You might need to get them out every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Saige is the sweetest girl i've ever had the pleasure to know. I love her so much. She's so smart. There is just one thing she forgot to mention...........Juno what it is? Juno?

YOU'RE SO PRETTY!

Love you!

Rachel

Billy Billy Billy said...

Sweet kids. Sweet mom. SlimFast shakes for all! *cheers*

twist said...

And here are 7 reasons I love you:

1. You love ME more than anything. Me. ME, ME, ME! Sorry, Saige.

2. You really are very supportive. Frighteningly so, in fact. Take drop backs, for instance, and the way you shout, "do it." I feel quite supported.

3. You always care about my need to make you laugh.

4. You love to encourage me (to do stupid and sometimes dangerous things so you can take pictures).

5. You love to listen to my reaction to what you have to say.

6. You're willing to drive me to yoga workshops (as long as I'm Cheese Bitch).

7. You've never braided my hair after a shower. Harassed me while I cut my hair, yes, but braided it, no. And I love you for that.

8. You always try to help me with my home work...like painting, laying bricks. Oh, wait, no...that's my other friend.

9. You will eat the blueberry mojitos I make.

10. There are a GAZILLION other reasons, but, like your mom always says, Saige: this isn't a contest.

I love you. And Buddha too.

twist said...

10 reasons, not 7. Maybe I was afraid I could only come up with 7, but clearly, it's 10.

Christy said...

Very sweet.