Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Lot of Nothing

So it's been slowly getting back to normal here, for me. The kids popped right in the routine with camp and friends and soccer and gymnastics and parties and oh my God the list goes on and on. I seem to make it to the gym in the morning, use all the energy I have and then come home and wander around. Luckily I have a pool so people like to come hang out. I did, at one point today, just for a split second, long for school to start again. It was a momentary lapse of reason, because with school comes homework and that is more painful than a child looking at me for something to do. And honestly, that's painful too. I mean we have a pool, go swim. Troll the neighborhood for a friend, do something. Yesterday I had to pull out every art supply I could find so Saige and her friend could make jewelry boxes. The really fun part for me was realizing today when no one was here that they left everything out for me to clean up and didn't even bother taking their works of art. Yeah summer. My friend Lisa said, "I just want school with no homework." Yeah, that's called camp and the one they're in ends at noon. We still have the afternoon to fill. I just pick them up, make them some lunch, put on my bathing suit and say, "Okay, come down and hang out with me." Whether they do or not is completely up to them. My overwhelmingly annoying dogs always want to come swim with me. Lucy, my German Shepherd seriously uses the pool more than anyone. Sometimes she just sits on the steps for long periods of time and stares into space. I can feel that. Mickey, the Pomeranian, who we are convinced has some sort or neurological issues likes to be carried around in the pool and when you put him down sometimes he is in such a state that he tips over. It's only a tiny bit funny, really.
So, my point, tonight Marc came home and said, "You haven't been blogging." My only reply was, "I have nothing to say." I'm out. Spent. Tired. It will pass. In a couple days plans start again, things going on, lunches, dinners, parties, concerts, the whole nine yards. But for now I am still trying to catch up on everyone's laundry and update my music library. I have found some killer new music. I was kind of burning out on mine. I have rectified that situation with some serious Itunes work. Make no mistake, this takes time. I am a supplier of music to many. I take it seriously and will listen over and over trying to perfect a list. So Kirsten, if you're reading, I don't know what your music situation is but I've some good new tunes. Come over. I'll share.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!?! Did someone say new music? Just today as I was practicing - with an otherwise totally clear and pure mind, of course - I wondered, "how many times can one listen to the same @#$%&!!! playlist without losing one's (totally clear and pure) @#$%&! mind?"

Anonymous said...

you aren't alone on the lack of interesting things to post about. I'm sitting right beside you in that boat. i've just been phoning it in for the last 2 weeks... glad you're back. you know i'm on a different page now right? SB is now 1, not 3. hit me up hooka.

Anonymous said...

oooo...new music! i heard that. make me some copies??!! yes it's your other begger friend who likes your music selections as well. i appreciate that you do the legwork. hope you've been well. we need to catch up. haven't seen you since you've been home. i've been so busy, especially with the end of the month at work. i know you need a massage too. we'll get together soon!

Sarah said...

Nothing going on here either...