Friday, August 14, 2009

Slacker Tom is Here!



I am very outdoorsy now.

Today we went on a ten mile hike today over rocky terrain. Kirsten told me we were just going to the beach. I wore platform flip flops. I had to go bare foot most of the time.

It was the most fun ever.





So we are leaving tomorrow morning. We had the best time.

We rowed boats.
We dove off really bouncy diving boards.
We saw eagles and a loon.
We went to Schoodic.
Saige ran her first four miles.
We kayaked.
Saige and Chase made a homemade blueberry pie.
There is a new mantra by Grayden, "Om namah naamyschromm."
We went to Nervous Nellies.
We went to the emergency room.
We ate lobster.
We hiked.
Then we hiked some more.
We did yoga tricks all over the state.
We drank blueberry mojitos.
Saige learned to knit.
Grayden (3 yrs old) said, "Amyshromm, do you know how to knit?" I said, "No." He whispered to me, "Maybe I could teach you."
We made a bear trap.
We caught a cat.
We drove to the top of Cadillac Mountain.
We fed children a lot of icecream.
We picked blueberries.
We saw many Unexpected Treasures.
We watched Cash Cab.
We laughed.
We made some new friends.
We cut Chase's hair.
We went to Acadia.
We stayed up really late.

Now my kids can never say,
"Well I've never been to Maine
But I kinda like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it
They don't abuse it
Never gonna lose it
You can't refuse it."


So I've got that going for me...

Twist, say it with me...
"Om namah naamyshromm."

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Which is nice.

twist said...

Where are you? Have you hit Stonington yet? You should be there in just a few minutes and then you can get the rest of your journey under way.

Meredith said...

Sounds just perfect.