I was feeling a little annoyed with winter. I'm not sure why because this year the cold doesn't really bother me. It used to make me feel like jumping out of my skin. The biggest problem I have this year is I have that thing (I don't know if you call it a disorder, a disease, a problem...) but it's where my fingers turn completely white when they are to cold. So white it's scary. I start to get this prickly feeling and then they start to turn numb. The only thing that makes them better is to run them under really hot water. Little red spots start to come into them while blood comes back in. Isn't this fun? Do you wish I would go on about it? Maybe next I could tell you something else very unpleasant. I won't though. I decided I needed to think of some things about winter that I like. That way when I'm rubbing my little white fingers together I can stir up some pleasant thoughts.
1. Hmmm... let's think. What do I like? I like my winter coat. A lot. It's totally cool.
2. I like my Uggs.
3. I like that Lucy (my big German Shepherd) can stay outside and I don't have to worry she is going to get heat stroke. Of course she might freeze to death, but I'm trying to find positive. Work with me.
4. I like the movies that are coming out this winter
5. Man, this is harder than it looks.
6. I like the look of snow when it's coming down.
7. I like a 2 hour delay on a day my kids need to sleep in
8. I like knowing that Spring is coming. Does that count?
9. Two to go and I cheated on number 5. I like the deer family that lives behind my fence. I haven't seen them in the summer so I'm counting them. There's a Mom and two babies and they are so cute.
10. I like curling up and reading a book on a really cold day.
Man, I think I'm a Summer person. But Winter's not to bad. It's going to be my mantra until March. If I think it enough times will it be true? Is that like that tree falling in the forest question?