Saturday, November 1, 2008

There Is A Place.......

That's just the first line to this song that I totally love. Like many songs I'm not sure how I found it. Music is such a huge part of my life. I don't know why. Sometimes I just like how a song sounds, sometimes I like the words, sometimes I like the music of it and every once in a while I like every single thing about it. Do you ever have those songs? The very first time you listen to it you know you love it? You could be 2/3 of the way through and you know you will listen to it fifteen more times before the day is done? Sometimes it only takes one line in the whole song to make me know this. This particular song has that line it, but as a fun little game for probably no one but myself I won't say what the song is, who the artist is or what my favorite line is. If you are so inclined, or have ever downloaded any of the songs I have listed before, this one is on it. Ya know, if you're alone and bored and have nothing else to do. :) The interesting part is sometimes I will listen to a song what seems like a hundred times or more and just love it and suddenly on like the hundred and fiftyith time I will understand it and it's like an epiphany. This makes me happy. But I'm simple like that.

The song game, favorite lines? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

"If I could name you in this song, would it make you smile and sing along? Cause this is the goal to get into your soul........."
That's one of Saige's favorites....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Amy. It is your Partridge Lovin', Dorky Glasses wearing, Steven Tyler Spawning friend here. As a tribute to your Bro Mark, I have gone off topic in the first post.

However, this is for you, Yoda Amy:

Scene: My mom's 72nd birthday dinner. No idea what started this (way too many glasses of champagne...) but I kicked off my boots at the dining room table and cranked out a classic headstand for the entire family (Sister, Brother, Spouses, Parents, etc.)

Then we promptly got on to a discussion involving classic soundtracks to "The Bugaloos", "HR Puffinstuff", and "Kimba, the White Lion." I had the dance moves to make Lisa proud.

Have a good night.

Amy said...

Kathy,
I couldn't be more proud. Were they impressed? Will they be joining us at yoga this week?

And can I just say (as a tribute to brother Mark) I love that you went off topic. I think everyone should. Just tell me something. I could use it.

And thirdly, the fact that you used HR Puffinstuff gives me such delight, it's almost hard to describe.

Thank you for the smiles. :)

Lula! said...

CARBON LEAF!!! That's Saige's song...and also a band you turned me onto. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm going to have to e-mail you some of my favorite lyrics...because it would look ridiculous if I commandeered your comment section with all my mindless drivel. And I need to check in on you, anyway. So off I go...

Nicole said...

I hear you!. If I love a song I can rerun it forever until I switch someday or just misplace my cd.

Sue Jacquette said...

There is a place... the only songs I can come up with are the Morrissey song, There's a place in hell for me and my friends, and that Foo Fighters song A320? You've stumped me.

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

Thanks for the tribute Kathy; it made me smile. I regularly go off topic, but I start on topic, find a thread upon which I travel as far off as possible without breaking that thread, and then find a way to bring it all back home so that it somehow relates to the original topic. At least, that's what I am telling myself. Either that, or I'll blame on on my ADD. Back to you, Kathy... Bravo on the impromptu headstand. The world would benefit more from random acts of spontaneity.

Amy, I love this topic and I could go on forever about it, but since I am a few days behind everyone else in posting, I'm not going to post something that will barely get read. Let's just say that we are so similar in this way, as we are in a zillion others. Often for me, a song I have known for years, but may not have listened to for years, pops into my head as a reflection of something I am currently experiencing. As you know, it's been hard for me to kick the Jared habit. Not that I seriously entertain any serious ideas of getting back together with him, but sometimes I still wonder what could have been. Anyway, he's been out of town for the past 10 days, which has given me plenty of time to get used to life without him. Suddenly, today, this somewhat awful Sheena Easton song from 1995 came to mind, just the line, "I've learned to live without you." I'll fess up to still loving Morning Train (you know, "My baby takes the morning train, he works from 9 to 5...), but this other Sheena song never made it onto any of my mix CDs. Still, I knew it from way back when, and it emerged from the deep recesses of the musical library in my mind and let me know I've made some progress in moving on from Jared. So strange. As for songs I like immediately, there are many, but the first one that comes to mind is Macy Gray's Sweet Sweet Baby, which is just such a nice little love song, and the second is Natalie Merchant's Where I Go, which is possibly my favorite song of all time. I can't imagine many people loving that song as much, but the imagery of going down to the river and letting it carry away all of our worries is so calming to me. Do you like Snow Patrol? I have a song of theirs I want you to hear.

Love you lots,

Mark