Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Psycho Mom, Me or Her?

Did you ever see that movie The Hand That Rocks the Cradle? You know, the one where Rebecca DeMornay is crazy but she takes care of the kids and some kid bully's the kid she takes care of and she goes up to him on the playground and in no uncertain terms tells him to back off? Well, this is who I feel like sometimes. Really, there is a lot I will put up with but screwing with my kids is not one of them. That being said, the other day was the spring fair at my kids school. We were there for a while and then I left because they were each going home with friends. I was home like a half an hour and I get this call. This woman tells me that Chase and her son got in a fight and Chase pulled a button off her stupid kids shirt and the reason they got in the fight was cause Chase was picking on someone and her son tried to defend the other kid. OK. Yeah right. Chase is the kid who is always picked to show the new kids around. I'm sorry but Chase is not a bully. She has taken me by surprise though, I tell her I will of course pay for the shirt and talk to Chase. I call Saige's cell phone. She doesn't answer. I txt her to call me. I call Marc. The first thing he says is, "Did he win?" I don't know. Marc assures me that that is not Chase's nature and not to worry about it. Then Saige calls me back. She is very upset. She tells me that the other kid is a huge bully. He is older and doesn't like Chase because of some soccer thing at recess. He pushed Chase first and then exaggerated the story to his Mom. Then the Mom who Saige described as looking like one of those Chinese wrestlers (um, sumo, you mean?) except she is a girl, made Saige give her my cell phone number and then scared Chase. Now I'm mad. I call the woman back and literally get in a pissing match with her. I tell her, her son is apparently a huge bully. Chase did nothing wrong. She can forget about the dry cleaning money. So yesterday Chase tells me that the mom called the school and now he has to go see the principle. I am just waiting to call the office and find out what time. My poor baby.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Well, she might be digging her own grave with that move. The folks at school know what's going on with that kid. Just stand your ground. And remember, she's the psycho, not you. This time, at least.

Amy said...

The operative words being "this time."

Sarah said...

I feel an egging is in order. Break out the war paint. It's on!

Let me know if you want me to go with you. I will. I won't let you cave or let nice & accepting Amy come out.

Amy said...

I can always count on you to be a way bigger bitch than me. Thank you Sarah, you're a great friend.

Sarah said...

You can always count on me!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy... my dear, sweet, woman-child. Don't F with Amy's kids...finger to nose....