Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Uh oh


Mickey is a Pomeranian. Really, I have papers to prove it. When we got him I had visions of a cute little dog carrier and my very fancy little dog. All I had ever had were German Shepherds. Unfortunately I wasn't aware that there was a difference between a regular Pomeranian and a toy Pomeranian. He was the size of my hand when we got him. How was I to know? He's quite a scruffy little thing, likes to roll in the dirt. Growing up with German Shepherds didn't help matters. So, right now is shedding time. It puts me over the edge. Lucy, I have to chase around with a brush because she will not let anyone else touch her. Mickey has a great groomer that comes to my house. She is in high demand though this time of year. When I called her I found out I would have to wait almost a month. Well, that doesn't work for me. I made the appointment but decided to take matters into my own hands for now. My parents gave me a professional clipper. I thought that meant I was a professional. Not so much. It's so sad too, he sits there smiling at me while I am making him look like a mangy fox. He's so trusting. All I have to say is, "You're so handsome." You'd think he was a grown man. Meanwhile, it just isn't coming out like Sherri does it. I don't know why. Maybe cause I didn't go to dog grooming school, perhaps could have something to do with it. After a while he is sick of it and I am pretty much over it so he wants to be done. I just put him out for a while hoping it will start to grow back before the kids get home. So after school today Chase walks in and sees him. He just starts laughing at first. Laughing and laughing. Finally he composes himself and says, "Mom, can't you pay someone to do that?" This coming from my child who likes a mohawk. Of course it's not me giving him that mohawk, thank God.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Amy.....

Meredith said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, he favors the "scruffy" look. By the way, has Lucy had breakfast yet?