And a maybe into a yes,
Ah, the gifts our children are handed down. Is it genetics? The age old (or one of 'em) questions. Nature vs. Nurture? The ability to push a parent into the land of "yes." You know, I remember, and my mom (if she still reads) can agree or disagree with this, but as a child I remember taking no for an answer. Maybe that's just how I remember it. I don't know. That is our truth right? The way we remember things. Not with my kids. My kids have the keen ability to work me over. I'm not even sure why they bother asking me sometimes. When they don't like the answer they push me until I say yes. I'm gonna tell you what. I'm being honest here. Nine times out of ten I do. I agree. I'm not a bickerer. I think it's the salesman gene in them (from Marc). Really, the other day Chase was talking to my friend Lisa's husband, Dr. Dave. They were talking about a car that one of Dave's colleagues had recently purchased from Marc. It is an expensive car. Chase asked Dave if he would get one. Dave said he didn't think so. Chase said, "Well how much did the Lexus cost you?" Dave gave him a number. Chase thought about it for a moment. He figured the difference in the price of the two cars. Then he said, "Well, if you have a really good month maybe you can get a GTR too." A good month? That's straight up sales talk. That didn't come from me.
Okay, back to the post at hand. Saturday night Saige and Chase sleep over at Lisa's house with their kids. We're like one big happy family right? The next day Lisa brings them home and they bring in a list that Saige and Benny had made. It is as follows:
25 Reasons Why I Should Have A Parrot!
1. I will take care of him.
2. I will train him.
3. I will always have a friend.
4. I will have company in my room so I will never disturb you at night (Clever right?)
5. He won't hurt you!
6. His name will be Ollie.
7. You will love him!
8. He won't make annoying sounds.
9. We can dress him up.
10. I will train him to be the best parrot ever.
11. Max and Ollie will get along (Max is their dog)
12. Max will get the same love as always.
13. He will be a joy to friends and company.
14. Saige will help me train him.
15. We will train him to go potty in his cage and his cage only!
16. He will make the whole family laugh!
17. He can be help to the whole family. For example if I needed you then I could send him to get you.
18. I will feed him at breakfast after school and at dinner time.
19. We can train him to know everyone's name and he will give compliments.
20. He will not give insults.
21. He will love all people and won't make anyone feel bad.
22. He will be really gentle.
23. He will be handy around the house.
24. He will be neat.
25. He will be helpful!
So they all came in. Marc and I of course egged her on. We searched on the internet. Lisa txted Dave. She got a "No." That was Sunday.
It's Monday at 8.30. Guess who's living in Benny's room now? Ollie. That's who.
The brains of the operation. A serious force to be reckoned with.