So here's something of a wrap up.
1. That movie with Gary Busey is actually called Drop Zone and I'm thinking Wesley Snipes was in it and some awful girl actor who I never saw again.
2. As Lula pointed out in the comments, for those who don't bother with them (that's cool, my feelings aren't hurt) there was both sky diving and surfing in Point Break, so thanks for that.
3. Apparently in Drop Zone Gary Busey's name was Ty Moncrief (according to my friend Jen) and I had a heater in my house also called Ty Moncrief (also pointed out by Jen), what are the chances of that? I unfortunately have no recollection whatsoever of said heater, but we were young, we drank a lot of vodka. I'm sure if she said it, it's true. I will say, Jen has always hated Gary Busey along with Meredith Baxter Birney and the main reason for her disgruntlement is really just their names.
4. It is a fact that we (Jen and I) could have hit it big on America's Funniest Home Videos because I talked her into taking a nose dive on top of the most disgusting pool cover that had ever lived through a bad winter and had developed it's own eco system. It was hands down one of the funniest things I have ever seen and I had it on tape until I inadvertantley recorded an episode of Wings over it. That Lowell was funny. And Roy Biggins, don't even get me started.
5. Ollie the parakeet is ALIVE and KICKING. God love him. It's crazy over there. He's alway's on the floor trying to make a break for it. Doing all sorts of wacky stunts in his little cage. I'm pulling for him.
6. Yesterday Lisa and I ate outside at one of our favorite restaurants in the town we live with a charming Englishman who lives in St. Maarten and comes to train our friend for a month every year. Our friend had to work (I'm thinking to pay for this trainer) so we got to enjoy his company and hear great stories and ate the most delicious salad and then to top off the fabulous lunch we ran into Red Mohawk Guy and Bam. Bam from MTV, the skateboarder. So of course we had to have our picture taken with him. I feel bad it was Lisa and I cause it's really Marc that has a big old man crush on Bam. We have seen him out before but never got a picture. Now Lisa and I have decided that Chase and Ethan (her son) are going to be Red Mohawk Guy and Bam for Halloween. It's gonna be awesome. Chase has rocked some killer costumes. This one's gonna be fun too. He has decided he needs to dye his blond hair brown for it and if he likes it he, "Just might want to keep it brown." Whatever. I know one thing though, I'm not taking him to Rachel's salon when Michael (bizarrely angry boss guy) is there. She would definitely get fired if my whole crew came in.
7. For all of you that were so kind and encouraging about the painting. I've got my canvas, my paints, my brushes. As soon as I have a little time, on Saturday or Sunday I am painting. I'll share, unless it sucks, then I'm gonna hide it like my picture of me and Kid Rock. Which also sucks, which is why I haven't shared it.
8. Calling today to try and see if we can sky dive Sunday. Scared. I won't tell you til it's over Mark B. Remember Mickey is yours.
9. Rachel's boss Michael is still quite an a hole and if at all possible could you (Jen) come up here from DC and open up one of those cans of Whoop Ass you keep in your cupboard. It's called for and way past time.
10. And ten, seeing as the first nine have been nothing short of stupid and I'm quite sure I probably lost half of you by now I will tell you one more slightly stoopid thing (Kirsten, don't read this) but that pink shot glass is still there in the dishwasher. Just waiting for it's pardon.Last night at back to school night while I was drifting in and out during the math explanation I pictured that little shot glass in a courtroom like George Clooney in Oceans Eleven pleading it's case to get out of the slammer. Danny Ocean got out. Pinkie's still in the clink. Doing time. Just like Gary Busey has done on more than one occasion.