Friday, May 23, 2008

The Arctic Vortex

This is what my friend Lisa told me was the reason that it was so cold for the past week. She said we were right in the middle of an arctic vortex. I totally don't know what that means but I think it sounds good. I asked her what it meant, she told me she saw it on the news. And I was like, "Yeah, but what does it mean?" I think she gave me a Chase like grumble. I do. So, I took a page out of her book and told Marc that. It sounds smart. I will admit that I googled it and then lost interest when there were all the maps and graphs on the page (can you say ADD?). But guess what? It appears that we are out of the old arctic vortex because the sun is shining today! There doesn't seem to be any dark gray ominous clouds in the distant so like this whole week it's always on the verge of freezing. Which is perfect heading into Memorial Day weekend. It should be a really fun weekend. MarK, my brother, is supposed to come visit and Rachel and Hannah. We have parties to go to. I hope there is something fit to post on here. Stay tuned.

No comments: