Saturday, April 26, 2008

Go-Kart Racing


Every Friday afternoon I run Chase down to Marc's work as soon as school is done. They pack up their big trailer and go go-kart racing. I had never gone. Chase racing scares me. I don't like to be there when he is on his motorcycle either. I just get so nervous that he is going to get hurt but I don't want to ruin it for him so I just let it be something Marc does with him. For weeks though I have been hearing how good he is and he loves it. So I decided to go. It's all the way out in the middle of nowhere. You drive and drive along this really pretty windy road by a river and trees and stuff and all of the sudden there is this big race track and tons of people with big trucks and trailers and the go-karts on these little stands and all the dads are cleaning and doing stuff to them. It's cute, really. There are dogs and kids and big lights. It was a whole other world from my usual Friday night dinners at Teikoku with my friends. A lot of time was spent waiting for the other races to go. During this entire time Chase and his friends Ethan and another Chase chased each other around. Like dogs, just ran and ran and ran.


After a while it was time for Chase's race. He got all his little gear on and got in his cart and got out on the track. They looked to be going very fast. It was scary for me. Marc assured me that no one EVER gets hurt. Hmmmm.... It looked like a miniature car race. What is Marc priming him for I wonder to myself. I don't think I want to know. Although it scared me for him it did look really fun and he does love it. So I'm good with it.

No comments: