Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Go West


Is there any thing cuter than the shows your kids are in? I don't think so. Last night was the fourth grade chorus show called Go West. Saige had a speaking part. Four lines, but speaking. It always makes me so proud when she's up on a stage, she loves to be up there. Me? Couldn't pay me. I remember my one performance in Berwyn Elementary school to Jimmy (or Johnny, I can never remember which) Crack Corn and I think my skirt fell off. That was enough for me. Not Saige, she'll perform in any show that comes along. I love that about her. Her friend Sarah also had a special singing part. I sat with Sarah's mom. Sarah is one of my favorites of Saige's friends, she is very funny and very confident. Her mom told me that she was feeling a little apprehensive about this singing part, because, well, she really can't sing. Her mom said, "Sarah, why did you try out for it then?" Sarah said, "I didn't think I'd make it." Ok. Only three kids tried out, they all made it. Sarah has a Demi Moore kind of voice. They gave her a soprano singing job. It was literally one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. I was very proud of all of them. Sarah also told her Mom to be prepared to "be blown away" by her classes dance. Blown away we were.

No comments: