Friday, April 11, 2008

You're Crazy

I have a friend who has the funniest stories ever. She should write her own blog. Many of the stories would be fit for an "alternate" blog. One that the whole family didn't read. We'll get to that at some point. That would be the really funny one. Anyway, she called me last night, a couple glasses of wine in and said, "I don't know if you're going to think this is funny, but you might." "Try me," I said. I was truly in the need of something to make me laugh. These days it's really easy for me to go either way. Come on, entertain me. So she tells me how her husband is calling her from a business trip. He is driving on some random highway in California and some other driver has got total road rage and is making very rude gestures and her husband just can't believe it. Frankly, neither can I because if you knew her husband you would know he's about 6'5 and solid as rock. You'd have to be an idiot to pick a fight with him. Anyway, she says, "This is what you do honey. You look at the guy and take your pointer finger to your temple and start twirling it around and mouth the words, You're crazy to them. While slowly shaking your head up and down." Let me point out that as much as I love her, her driving does leave something to be desired by me. I am not a road rager but some might possibly say I am an aggressive driver. I have been in the car with her when I have had to beg her to please get away from behind the school bus. We are going to slow. So, I can imagine she using the old twirly finger motion a lot. So, the good sport he is, her husband does this. He tells her, "Man, the guys getting really pissed now." She tells him, "Now it's time to go in for the kill. You have to hold your stomach and rock up and down like a huge belly laugh. It puts them over the edge." Come on, that's funny. I am going to use that the next time I am driving way to far up the exit only lane to cut in as far as I can and someone gets mad at me. Usually I just do the old pathetic face, "I'm sorry." Not next time, next time I'm going for a "You're crazy." I can't wait.

No comments: