Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tulu, Turkey and Trips to the Beach


I have a very fancy friend, BA (short for Bethanne which is short for Elizabeth Anne- which I can't help hearing how our 2nd grade teacher Mrs. Randall used pronounce it in my head, very haughty) . She has been my friend since I was about 3. She lives in Istanbul, which is so lovely for her and lovely for me cause it means I get to go visit her. Two years ago I took Saige and we went for two weeks and stayed in Istanbul and two gorgeous little towns on the Mediterranean called Kalkan and Kas. We skipped last year because of our cross country trip but this July we are going back. This time we will spend most of our time in Kas because BA has rented a house there for the summer. My Mom can't believe we are going all the way to Turkey to go to the beach. Come on. How could you not believe that? Have we met? Ba assures me we will see something of importance so I can take pictures and show my Mom. Maybe a mosque or something? Tulu is her latest business. She gets fabric made in Uzbekistan (contrary to popular belief this is a country, not a stand where someone named Uzbeki sells stuff) and has a rug business and all sorts of cool stuff. I just love this picture that she took, that's why it's up here.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I love that picture too. Don't forget your sunscreen.

Anonymous said...

Do Chase and I ever get invited or is Turkey strickly for the girls???????

Amy said...

Thanks Mommy. I won't forget.

I don't know who anonymous is. I guess it's just Saige and I, sorry Charlie.

Sarah said...

I am one of the girls and I want to go too! Seriously!
I want to go....