Monday, August 20, 2007

And on the 7th Day God Created.....






Surf Camp! Today was Saige and Chase's first day of surf camp. It started at 9 a.m. which was very early for my two night owls. They got up like champs though and off we went. We had their lunch packed, sunscreen in the bag and dropped them at the beach. Chase said to me before, "I really want to do surf camp, the only thing is sometimes shark's think the surfboard is a seal." I responded with, "You'll be fine, I wouldn't send you if I thought a shark would eat you." He seemed fine with that. I don't know what he was talking about, I am constantly calling him when he is in the water to come in closer. As soon as he gets to the beach he is as far out as I will let him go. Anyway, there were a bunch of kids and cool surf teenagers running the show, my kids couldn't have been any happier. Marc and I went and hung out for a bit in town, he had some coffee and then dropped me off at yoga. He picked me up when it was over and then we went to Santa Monica and walked around and had lunch. It was lovely. It is our anniversary today. So it was nice to hang out.
We went and met them at the beach at around2:30. We all sat in the sun, the kids swam more. There were a ton of dolphin really close to the shore playing. It was about 80 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. Saige and Chase caught sand crabs and played really nicely.
We are home now. Everyone is cleaned up and tired. We were going to go to the Santa Monica Pier but I think we might save that for a night when they are not quite so sleepy.

3 comments:

Brother Chris said...

Happy Anniversary to you zany kids! Yesterday sounds like a near-perfect day for everyone. The dolphins alone would have made my day and when you add in all the other good stuff (surf camp, cool teenagers, yoga and coffee) it sounds idyllic. Congrats on having "one of those great days", keep havin' em!

Meredith said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! What a wonderful way to spend it; you will remember that day forever. Sounds as though Surf Camp is a hit. I am glad you are being cautious, though.

Meredith said...

Are you sure that is a dolphin and not Jaws?