Friday, August 17, 2007

Coast to Coast Baby!

Well we made it. We are in California. I can't believe we are finally here. So far we logged like 4400 miles. It wasn't to bad of a drive from Las Vegas, lots of desert. We hit the normal LA traffic when we got here but even that wasn't that bad. We are staying in the cutest hotel here in West Hollywood for the night. It is called Le Parc Suite Hotel and it is lovely. We are staying here for one night because tomorrow we do the Universal Studio Tour and then from there we will go to Venice Beach for a week.
I have to say I really need to do some laundry. The hardest part of this whole trip so far is the constant packing and unpacking. I try to keep everyones stuff that they need for each place in little bags and the big bags in the car. It is amazing though how much we need for even one night, the clothes for everyone, bathing suits, a whole suitcase of toiletries, my blender of course, snacks for the kids (and Marc), the computer, my camera bag, the list goes on and on. It will be really nice to be somewhere for a whole week.
The kids are totally chilled out watching this High School Musical Movie that they have been waiting to see for a long time.
I am glad to be here. So far our trip has been great fun but the driving was a lot. I am glad to have that portion behind us. From here on out we have entered the beach part of our vacation. Yeah....

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I know what you mean about laundry. The place we are staying in for the night advertised an on-site laundry on its website. I figured after a week on the road, we might need one so it gave me great pleasure to throw a nice big load of wash in this afternoon. Oh, it's the simple things. I imagine you will be so glad to get somewhere for a whole week. This moving around is fun at first, but then it can wear you down. We have 3 more days and then home. I will be ready to get there, but we are already thinking about another trip in the fall. Love you all, Mom

Meredith said...

You know, I should have said congratulations for making it all the way to California. "California or Bust" came true. It's a big accomplishment. I am proud of all four of you for doing it with style and grace. Now maybe you can all settle down for a week and have a nice vacation.

Brother Chris said...

I agree with Mimsy. That trip really is something. All the travel notes and mileage, etc don't really hit home unless you're the one actually cramped up in the car. Now that your in CA it puts the distance in better perspective. Ocean to ocean - wow! You guys deserve a nice break and some downtime. Don't forget your sunscreen:)