Friday, August 10, 2007

Last full day in Wyoming

So we had our last full day here. We did the Yellowstone thing again. It was fun, the kids swam by this waterfall while Marc fished. Saige made some friends. It was a good last day. Tomorrow we are going to do the gondola ride then get on the road. I am a little apprehensive about our drive to Colorado. All that nothing. I am literally at the last 35 pages of the book I have been reading. I hope my next book is good.
Okay, here is my take on Jackson Hole. I loved it. It was really great. Marc loved it more. He wants to come back and camp here. No thank you for me. I would definitely come back here and stay at the cushy Snake River Resort or Teton Lodge and Spa, but camping, not so much. This is totally his thing, all outdoorsy, what with the fishing. I love that I was here, I would come back and do things we didn't have time to do, but, I am fine with leaving. Also, if you are coming here and you should, think long and hard about driving from anywhere but the Jackson airport. If you are fine alone with your thoughts and those spoken thoughts of your loved ones for a long long time with not a thing to see for hours upon end then have at it. The next time we come here it will be in the comfort of an airplane.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

I guess roughing it is not for you. I knew that. Glad you had the experience though and very glad Marc enjoyed it so much. We are off today. Talk to you as soon as I can.

Sarah said...

Where exactly are you going in CO?
Are you driving through Denver? If so there is a shopping district called Cherry Creek. It has lots of New Hopey stores and a Nordstrom, which at this point with all of the moose talk may do you some good.

mama said...

Glad to hear Marc is having a wonderful time, now when he ges on our nerve you can suggest going camping !!! There is nothing like the outdoors and reconnecting with nature. Can't wait for yur next adventure!

Brother Chris said...

I'd like to add on to Sarah's suggestion. It sounds like Amy might benefit from a couple Xanax and a shot of Nordstrom's to chase them down. You may want to check Amazon and then go to the bookstore. I just got their email of the best books of the year (fiction and non-fiction) - you might find a winner here. You could "camp out" at the bookstore or the mall for a while.

Brother Chris said...

What is going on here? Are you guys sleeping today or are you trying to keep secrets from the rest us? Where is all the G%# D@#$ updated information!? If you think you can string us along all week and then, just when we're hooked and need the next fix (or Schrammbuger as I call it) that you can just disappear, well you are totally wrong Little Miss. So I'd suggest you put down the credit card, or the fudge sundae or whatever, and do some finger exercises and let's get typing!

Sarah said...

H-E-L-L-O....Where are you? I am 9 months preggers and on bed rest. Not a whole lot going on here these days...I don't think you know how much I look forward to your daily posts. Post something!